Thursday, April 21, 2011

rain of emoticons.

Saw Austin High Screening last night at The Kessler. Had a great time.. it's a perfect movie that embodies the weird wonderful strangeness that is Austin TX. You know everyone in Dallas secretly wishes they were in Austin, right? Or is that just me? Anyway, see this movie, wherever and however you can. It's gold. Get yourself in the right mood before hand and it's even better. I particularly liked the animation, and 'fantasy scenes'. All the characters were rich and developed and I liked all of them, even if I was suppossed to hate them. Thats always the best!

Had Dr appointment yesterday, and I am ALL GOOD. False negatives retested, blah blah blah, and I am all good! The Dr. is proud of my achievments, the yoga and zumba and walking and biking have paid off in bringing down my glucose levels. Hasn't done much for my weight loss, but I must argue, along with Felicia that I must have grown some muscles... so there! oh yeah and there's a yoga bootie just fighting to get out! Amazing!

Finding myself alone again today at the shop. It's been good here lately the store looks full and beautiful, in the works to getting the air back on, and just keep on keeping on. Last night we ran into a couple that were so happy we were here, and excited to have a bookstore in their neighborhood. It just makes it worth it for a while, after you've been discussing, planning, suffering at the hands of this wicked fate of being what is considered an obsolete type of business, being broke, working long hours and planting a smile on your face to show the world that everything is ok, even if its not. It gets exhausting. Then someone tells you how they've been turned on to something or someone, or has met the amazing group of poets or artists that we have the pleasure of knowing.. and it all fits together. Small moments. We'll never have that huge moment here.. it will always be the little sweet things. The faces of the kids we read to at storytime, the friends we make who find that book they've been looking for for years, the voracious readers who will talk to you and share thier love, the musicians who can sell thier work here that are so appreciative but it US that appreciate all of them, all of you and everyone. I'm going off on this tangent, because this life is so fleeting. I know I am so lucky to be doing this, however crazy and unwise my business decisions are, I will be here until I just cant do it anymore. I guess you'll have to drag my body out of here. Because I love this store so much. I do. I really do.

Been writing volumes on Forrest Fest. Couldn't have imagined that it would inspire me so, and it was the entire experience from leaving Dallas to traveling all the way to and from Lamesa. It was the fire I needed to get me back. To those of you who read me, thanks. It's good to know you are out there. More poetry to come. Stay tuned. and love love love.

No comments:

Post a Comment