Wednesday, March 16, 2011

sleeping in the blank of charlotte gainsbourgh's breathy pause

so tired. I read that a drawback to this medication would be drowsiness. They weren't kidding. Of course, it could be this weather or the Charlotte Gainsbourgh that I'm listening to. I fell asleep at 10:30 which is unheard of. But oh, darlings, what tapioca pudding of a sleep. I truly forgot what a sensation it is to be dead to the world for a stretch of time. No jumping up in complete terror, no weird noises in the hallway, cat mewing or partner snoring. Just black deep coffee sleep, warm and smooth. Only problem: wanting to wake up. I could have easily drempt this day away.

Yesterday a few regulars and friends came by to chat, smoke and laugh. Copasetic. Sold some books, made some plans, heard about vacation scenes, debauchery, and jail cells. Right now I'm laying my head on a paperback translation of a Chinese fable about an enchanted stone that was a cast off from building the sky. It is beautiful and has poetry quatrains thruout. I picked up as a whim while waiting for the webseries to be filmed in the store. Sat outside in the chairs and listened to the ocean of cars rumble by while i walked barefoot with Taoists and Monks and enchanted stones. I haven't left there yet. I'm still walking in the hills listening to enchanted voices.

I'm yawning. My jaw hasn't had this much action in a while. Translate that as you will.

I just ran into my friends Karen and Steve as I was outside reading a little more of the book. It is CAO XUEQIN, THE STORY OF THE STONE. It's over 500 pages and I just realised it's only Volume 1! This may very well be an epic. I may be reading this for years. I am having trouble keeping the names of the characters right, as they all have Chinese names and well there are already tons of charachters that I'm getting confused about. Probably not the best book to read as a bi-polar, ADD stricken soul. But I know if I skip ahead or something stupid like that i'll be lost. Slow and steady. That's not my style. Fast and erratic! I love to read books in one sitting and move on to more. oh well.

Eating day 7, lots of fruit, raw veggies with lemon and pepper to jazz em up. Almonds, peanuts, water, beans, rice and a little meat. Oh and peanut butter on really seeded hippy bread. Erik game me a blood orange yesterday and it was sublime. cottage cheese with cut up apples and cinnamon and half a yeast roll (yes half, damn it was so good) for breakfast. 1/2 apple, and 1 orange and a handful of raw almonds for lunch. Tonight bean burritos with whatever raw vegetable iI can fit in there. i've lost 5 pounds this week. thats including the vodka shots (2) i had at the party and the snowball i ate for my birthday cake. I'm shooting to lose 30 pounds by end of the summer. Tonight I hit the bowflex, which for the past year or so has been a really expensive clothes hanger in the laundry room. i'm wearing my overalls from 1997 right now. yesssssssssssssss. I may never take them off. Is it in poor taste to wear overalls everyday even if you change your shirt and accessories? I'm trying the Todd Ator look. Amy, you know what I mean.

Karen X has agreed to do the kids reading on Saturday morning! Fab a roo ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment