Thursday, May 5, 2011

it's allright doll


poets. we get deep. we get deep in our wine glasses and deep in our souls. we swirl around like the wine in the bottom of the bowl and we swish the words around our mouth and pucker our lips, and open our throats wide. i'm a mad swirler, yes I am. and last night the air was thick with some kind of wonderfull/mystery/joy/melancoly. I wonder why it sneaks up on us the most. I still feel that deep inside us we are living under this collective consciensness. things get kinda bleak. things get kinda low. ahh. but there is so much joy. there is so much to be in love with and in. I meet kids in tight jeans and ear plugs, and tattoos. I meet beautiful brown women with tight curls in thier hair and lungs full of song. I meet hip hop boys and self professed genuises with self published books to push. I meet friends on deeper political levels, I meet friends on deeper personal levels. I see sadness slumped over in chairs. I meet sex kittens and know there are predators in the shadows that want to devour the words out of poets by the swallow. There are kissing bandits on the loose. There are wild drinkers and deep deep thinkers. Theres the host with the most and his beauty to toast. Theres swinging, flinging and wringing out of words sublime. Drum kits and skiddly bop. Last call and drinking it all, saving the best part for last. And then it's done, and we skatter, chatter and flatter ourselves into cars and closed bars for one last drink to wash it all down. And a thank you, friend, and close call with ends to mend. I and drive my car with all the saints, sinners and bodhisattvas floating in my dreams that come fast as I embrace him close and kiss his nakedness against cool sheets. I have forgotten from where I came but I know where I'm going.. and it's allright doll. it's allright.

No comments:

Post a Comment